Our main website, www.greenwichpeninsulafc.com is not intended for users under 13 years.
What information do we collect?
We collect Personal Information from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of a Greenwich Peninsula FC Site. The personal data we collect from you may include:
- the details that you provide when you register as a member with us (e.g. Your name, contact details, date of birth and/or age);
- your payment and billing details if you make any purchase from us or using a Greenwich Peninsula FC Site (e.g. a record of your purchases, credit/debit card details and delivery information);
- your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us;
- information about the device you use to access Greenwich Peninsula Site such as language selection on it;
- information collected automatically about your use of our websites and apps, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates);
- other information necessary to provide the Greenwich Peninsula FC Site, for examples we may ask your location if you give us your consent;
- records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you contact our customer service team or interact with us on social media);
- information about your attendance at Greenwich Peninsula events, such as matches;
- audio and/or video recordings may be taken of you while you are at our premises, including via CCTV or for broadcasting and publicity purposes;
We also receive Personal Information about you from third parties, such as information provided by:
- social media platforms where you have registered for an account with us using your social media account;
- law enforcement, government, other authorities and security providers for the purpose of security or other investigatory activities.
We combine the information collected via the Greenwich Peninsula FC Site with information we collect from you offline, for the purposes of better understanding our customers and fans and for security purposes.
We also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times, and referring website addresses.
Why do we collect your information?
If you’ve opted-in to receive information and offers relating to the Club (for example by ticking a box on one of our websites or apps), then we’ll provide this information to you by email, text, or phone.
We also rely on your consent to process information about your use of our websites, apps and social media sites, so that we can improve your browsing experience and deliver online advertising that is relevant to you. And occasionally we may rely on your consent to process health or other sensitive information.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data or wish to withdraw consent or object, please contact us at email@example.com
Your other rights
In addition to your rights to withdraw your consent and to object, you have the right to ask us:
- for access to information about your personal data or for a copy of your personal data;
- to correct or delete your personal data;
- to restrict (i.e. stop any active) processing of your personal data;
- to provide you with certain personal data in a structured, machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another organisation;
These rights may not always apply, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have a compelling legitimate interest in keeping. If this is the case, then we’ll let you know when we respond to your request.
We process your personal data when necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in the following:
- tailoring our websites and communications for you. We collect information about your engagement with us online (such as pages that you have visited on our websites) and combine that with aggregated insights we have about our supporter base, to build a fuller understanding of your individual preferences;
- monitoring, improving and protecting our products, content and services;
- checking the credit or debit card details you provide (to process your payments and prevent fraudulent transactions);
- sending you some types of direct marketing, including by email and post;
- responding to your comments or complaints;
- undertaking, or inviting you to take part in, market research;
- querying whether you have had an issue completing an online form;
- preventing, investigating and/or reporting fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime;
- to protect the security of our spectators, staff and other visitors to our sites; to enforce our ground regulations; and to help detect and prevent unlawful activity using, for example, incident reports and CCTV footage;
- managing legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative matters;
- processing job applications.
You have a right to object to any processing that we undertake for our legitimate interests.
We process your personal data when necessary for contractual reasons, such as to administer your account registration and competition entries and to provide products and services that you have requested.
We are legally required to process your personal data in cases where we need to:
- obtain parental consent to provide online services directly to children;
- respond to certain requests by government or law enforcement authorities.
How do we use your personal information for marketing and advertising?
Depending on your marketing preferences, Greenwich Peninsula FC may use your Personal Information to send you marketing messages by email, phone, SMS or post. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your online profile, your previous browsing on purchase activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us via any of the methods given in the ‘Contact us’ section at the end of this Policy. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time. Once you unsubscribe you may continue to receive marketing messages for a few days while we action your unsubscribe request.
You may also see adverts for Greenwich Peninsula FC on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity), so enable us to serve ads to customers who have visited the Greenwich Peninsula FC Site). Where you see an ad on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show adverts to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookies and privacy settings on your browser and these third-party websites.
Who does Greenwich Peninsula FC shares personal data with?
- third party suppliers involved in data insights; website hosting; online personalisation; advertising; systems maintenance; ticketing; database management; identity checking; payment processing; delivery logistics; facilities management; and credit and debt management;
- government authorities or law enforcement officials, to assist with their official requests and comply with our legal obligations;
- recruitment and vetting agents, to assist with our recruitment processes;
- other football clubs, where this is necessary to ensure the safety and security of supporters or if we think it’s appropriate to inform them of incidents at our premises involving their supporters;
- our professional and legal advisors;
- otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Personal data transfer outside of the EAA
The EEA includes all EU countries, as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. Some of the third parties that we share personal data with may need to transfer personal data outside of the EEA, for example to the United States of America.
Where your personal data is transferred to a country outside of the EEA and that country is not subject to an EU adequacy decision, we will ensure your data is protected by appropriate safeguards (for example, EU approved standard contractual clauses, a Privacy Shield certification, or a supplier’s Binding Corporate Rules).
How long is your personal information kept?
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us and the nature of the Personal Information. For example, where you have bought merchandise from us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we delete or anonymise the relevant information. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address and/or phone number (as applicable) to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Our main website, www.greenwichpeninsulafc.com is not intended for users under 13 years. We recommend that parents supervise their children while they are online. There are various control tools available for online services that we advise parents to utilise in order to create a child-friendly online environment for their children.
We are dedicated to the protection of children’s Personal Information and we do not actively market to children under the age of 13. We endeavour to limit the amount of Personal Information which we collect from users who are under 13.
- Users who are under 13 must always ask their parent or guardian for permission before you: set up an account on greenwichpeninsulafc.com;
- email us, or ask us to email anything to you/another user under 13;
- send any information to us;
- apply to join Greenwich Peninsula Team;
- enter any competition or game that requires information about you/another user under 13 or offers a prize;
- post any information on any bulletin board or enter any chat room; or offer to agree to buy anything online.
How do we protect information?
We take the security of your Personal Information very seriously. We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your Personal Information. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessed when necessary. A limited number of people have special access rights to such systems, and they are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your Personal Information, we offer the use of a secure server. All credit/debit card information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be accessed only as stated above.
Whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your Personal Information, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet.
Monitoring of telephone calls?
If you contact us by telephone, we may monitor or record the call for security purposes and to improve the quality of services that we provide to you.
The Greenwich Peninsula FC Sites may include links to websites operated by third parties. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content or activities of these linked sites. However, we do seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work) by email or in writing via the contact details given below.
Information about our website
For EU/EEA/Switzerland residents:
If you are located within the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, Everything in Sport Ltd will be the controller of your personal data provided to or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our services.
If you have any issues with regard to your data security on our website, then in addition to informing us, you also have the right to write directly to the independent data protection monitoring organization in your country. Within the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. Please do email our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues, concerns or questions regarding your personal data and we will be happy to help.